Saturday, September 22, 2012

Monkey Business



With Pandaland coming I took a look at my poor forgotten blog. I have figured out why I don't write as often....work is too busy and I'm shittired when I come home.

What have I been doing?

Well, I played Diablo of course, like quite a few world of warcraft players who were sort of done with Cataclysm and took the yearly subscription. I have a level 60 demon hunter, with even a paragon level! 

I have to say that I really really liked this game. Even though many people have expressed their disappointment about it. I think that these people were expecting an MMO and what they got was, while brilliant, just not an MMO. 

Other than that I play Guild Wars II. Beautiful game. And the prettiest is that it is free to play so I don't have to feel guilty if I don't feel like logging in. My necro will like me anyways :)

But on to WoW. Sorta says in the title, right. Shy at WoW...not Shy at other games. 

To all my faithful priestly followers, sorry. 

From Tuesday on Shy will be a monk. 

There...now the world knows. I will switch my main to a monk. 

Of course my raid group knew for a while already that I was tired of the priest, and when I played a priest in the beta..it was sort of the confirmation of what I already knew. Variety is the spice of life...

My main spec will be MistWeaver (hey, gotta get my healing kick somewhere, right?) and offspec...eh, been going back and forth. I'll probably be a bit of both. 

I'll have to try better to come with pretty monk pictures, since there's only very few out there at the moment. But hey, google image searches take less time than writing blog posts so maybe I can find time for that at work. 

So expect to be prodded and poked with monk stuff every now and then. And maybe you might even find some theorycrafting here.

In fact, for all your future monks out there who would like to get your addons in order.

Try these three nifty monk addons:



A full addon for the MistWeaver monk. Has unit frames, has all the utilities you would ever need, and has a handy dandy renewing mists bar. 

I've been fiddling around with it on the beta and it really is a pretty nifty addon. 

Check it out on the beta, and make sure you have it once Mists goes live. 


An addon that is based on a shaman addon TotemTimers (I think, since it still has tabs for resto, enhance, and elemental in there). 

This addon will watch your cooldowns and also adds a chi-counter. 


I dragged this handy little addon over the chi-counter of the MonkTimers. It is prettier, it has a better visual. And it's shiiiiiny. 

Oh, and quite a few of you might know it from your other classes already. This also supports shadow priests, warlocks, pallies, rogues...etc.

With that I will leave you for today since it's late and I need to get up at 6 am tomorrow for my final raid in Cataclysm :)

2 comments:

  1. Priests aren't really doing it for me either although my main is a rogue...the monks sure look exciting. Glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete